Having ear infection. Taking biaxin. Normal to have fever next day?

I am taking biaxin 500mg it normal to have a fever on the second day of taking it??? I am taking it for a persistent ear infection.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes. The fever will subside in next 2-3 days.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Biaxin contains Clarithromycin. It is normal to have a high grade fever while taking the antibiotics in case of bacterial infections.
This fever is likely to subside in next 3-4 days once the blood levels of antibiotic reach the optimum level after 5-6 doses. You can take a mild antipyretic like acetaminophen till then every 6 hourly after meals to control the symptoms.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.