Having dull pain in arm, elbow and shoulder, feeling faint and suffer from anxiety. Heart attack?

hi 2 days ago i started having a dull pain in my right arm...mostly pain in my elbow and shoulder area. that went away 2 days later. today im feeling faint. i was wondering if i could be having a heart attack. my faintness comes and goes. i also suffer from my anxiety so im not sure if im just freaking myself out.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concerns,
I have gone through your details, your pain in right elbow and shoulder area 2 days back is unlikely to be related to heart.

We must know the cause of fainting so please let me know if there is any dehydration due to vomiting, or loose motions, any palpitation, syncope, or any reason for stress and anxiety.
You should take rest and keep well hydrated by oral rehydration fluid and fruit juices.

Heart attack is very uncommon in this age group and can be simply excluded EKG (Electrocardiogram) and normal result will reduce your anxiety.
Hope this helps, please provide above details then I can clarify.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.