Having dry cough and pain in throat. Experiencing pain while eating and drinking. Medication?

It all started When I came to Mumbai with my family few days back, eventaully all of us are having dry cough and pain in throats. I guessed it is because of water but I am living in the same place for a month now but there was no problem with me but from the time my family members came to stay for few days same problem gripped me as well.

It starts with pain while eating or drinking --> dry cough--> body pain and fever
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need antibiotics

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It seems like a bacterial infection. Since you are having fever, body pain and also some indication of it being contagious. A viral infection usually does not last that long. A fungal infection would have white coloured sputum and low or no fever.

I think it is time that we do some tests on you and your family and start you on antibiotics like azithromycin, etc after running the tests. The tests can include sputum examination - culture and sensitivity, blood tests, etc as prescribed by your physician.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Dr Vaishalee