Having dandruff with hair fall. Remedy in Ayurveda?

Feb 2013

I am facing a problem on my scalp for a long time (around 6-7 yrs). I have dandruff and acnes problem on my head. I have used lots of cosmetic products and consulted skin specialists but problem is not resolved permanently. Big problem is itching. I keep itching my head which is uncontrollable. Now hair fall has become another big problem.
Is there any solution in Ayurveda. Pls help.

Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I can understand your discomfort and the long term problems.

Your scalp problems are :

1. Dandruff

2. Acne

3. Severe itching

4. Hair loss

For all this problems, there might be a single underlying problem of the scalp like fungal infection of the scalp which is known as Tenia capitis in medical terms.

So this condition leads to dandruff, followed by itching leading to scratching, which in turn leads to secondary bacterial infections of the scalp forming acne and pustules, and followed by hair loss.

Therefore, if the fungal infection of the scalp is treated effectively, all the secondary problems like acne, itching, and hair loss will get controlled.

Medicated shampoo containing ketaconazole will help to treat the tenia capitis.

And it should be used as per the instructions like twice weekly for 4 weeks followed by once weekly for 8 weeks and so on.

The other scalp problems like psoriasis of the scalp or seborrhea has to be ruled out with a Dermatologist consultation.

Secondary bacterial infection of the scalp can be treated by applying antibacterial ointment like mupirocin.

Once the scalp problem is controlled, the hair loss will decrease.

Therefore I advise you to consult a good Dermatologist for the examination of your scalp and for the treatment advise and be in regular follow up with him till you get the complete cure for your problems.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.