Having cramps in stomach, loose stool and feeling uncomfortable. Took darolac. Any ides?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am having cramps in my stomach..not painful but yes uncomfortable feeling after having food. Also having loose motions and that too not frequent. I am having this feeling from last 4-5 days and Today morning I have taken one dose of Darolac
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later
Hi

It is likely that you are suffering from a mild stomach infection which is likely to recover in few days.
Please continue taking darolac. Also maintain adequate fluid intake with additional intake of butter milk and curd.
You can take mild antispasmodic like mebeverine group of drugs which will help relieve pain.
You can take mild antidiarrhoeal to control diarrhoea if its really bothering.
Avoid antibiotics unless you have associated fever or blood in stools.

Hope this answers your query. Please do reply in case of any further questions.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Having cramps in stomach, loose stool and feeling uncomfortable. Took darolac. Any ides? 30 minutes later
Dear Dr. Deshmukh,

Thank you for your reply... Kindly let me know the dosage of Derolac.

From travelling I am travelling overseas.... Kindly advise me the some antispasmodic like mebeverine group of drugs and also antidiarrhoeal to carry along with me...

Your prompt reply highly appreciated.

Regards/XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query.
You can take darolac twice a day till symptoms persist.
Mebeverine is available by name of colospa retard which can be taken twice a day.
Also AD 100 or enuff 100mg is a mild antidiarrhoeal can be taken maximum thrice a day till symptoms last. These are quite safe medications however the regulations make them prescription based. Hence I suggest you to pick from the doctor's office.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery...