Having cough, swallowing problem, pain and uneasiness in throat. Worrisome

Gastroenterologist
Question
HELLO DOCTOR I AM HAVING THROAT PAIN INSTEAD OF SAYING PAIN UNEASINESS OR IRRITATION IN THE THROAT SINCE 1 WEEK WHICH IS NOT AT ALL SEVERE VERY MILD I DO GET EAR PAIN AND ITCCHINESS IN THE EAR ALONG WITH THAT LIKE ONCE OR TWICE VERY VERY LIGHT PAIN IN A DAY,MY NOSE IS GETTING BLOCKED IN THE MORNING AND EVENING.I DONT HAVE COUGH AND SWALLOING PROBLEM AND NO COLD.WHILE EATING ANY SPICY FOOD OR MASALA ITS BURNING IN THE THROAT
I HAVE TAKEN MEDICINES SINCE LAST2 DAYS BUT STILL THE PAIN IS LIKE THAT ONLY
I AM FEELING VERY SCARED
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

You are having upper respiratory infection and a possible acid reflux disease. Sometimes severe reflux disease itself can produce all these symptoms.

The throat is connected to the nose and middle ear and that is the reason why you have symptoms involving all the three.

Do the following -

1. Steam inhalation and nasal saline drops to clear your nose

2. Decongestants to clear your nose and provide relief from the ear symptoms.

3. Drink plenty of fluids

4. Salt water gargling and tablet paracetamol for relief from throat pain.

5. Medications for acid reflux disease.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having cough, swallowing problem, pain and uneasiness in throat. Worrisome 1 hour later
I AM USING ACE PROXYVON,CEFIXIME AND DICLOXACILIN ANDNUCOPE .THE DOCTOR ASKED ME TO USE F0R 5 DAYS IT HAS BEEN 2 DAYS SINCE I STARTED,THE PROBLEM IS INCREASING DURING NIGHT AND EARLY MORNING.
I AM UNABLE TO EXPALIN TO THE DOCTORS ALSO SOME UNEASINESS IN ALL THE THREE PARTS.ITS NOT PAINING BUT ITCHINESS IN TH ETHROAT AND EAR WITH VERY VERY SLIGHT PAIN

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 hours later
You are taking antibiotics, painkiller and antihistamine. Though you will find relief, you may need a decongestant and may have do the other things which I have mentioned in my earlier post.
You may also have to take medication for acid reflux for complete relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If there are no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having cough, swallowing problem, pain and uneasiness in throat. Worrisome 3 hours later
will these have any side effects because after using them i feel nauseated and whole fasial pressure including eyes and head and wekaness i if i dont have strenght to walk in my legs i am nit anemic but i feel vey anxious and afraid of every thing

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
The ace proxyvon you are taking can affect the inner lining of stomach and can cause nausea.
The acid reflux medication I have suggested will take care of it.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini