Having constipation, cramping, bloating, diarrhea and back pain post menstruation. Help?

1-2 days past due for menstration. Have been having constipation, cramping, bloating and now diarrhea and back pain. We are TTC and I took Clomid for this cycle. My progesterone at day 21 was undeterminable but I'm am sure I had cervical discharge indicating ovulation 4/30- 5/2. We had sex on 4/30 and 5/2. Afraid to take HPT bc of disappointment.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The symptoms that you have can be related to pregnancy. These symptoms are not conclusive of pregnancy and these need to be confirmed after a urine test.
You can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having constipation, cramping, bloating, diarrhea and back pain post menstruation. Help? 4 minutes later
Thank you. I took an OTC HPT about three hrs ago. It was negative. But I will take another in the morning when I have not had all day to dilute my urine. It is only 16 post ovulation, which was observed and assumed by me from signs and symptoms. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
At 16 days post ovulation, the test should be positive. It is best to repeat the test with an early morning first sample of urine.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.