Having constant pain in back and thigh, sore to touch, leg feels numb. How to get cured?

I have constant quite severe pain in the back of my left thigh for a few months now. Feels like the blood gets cut off. Throbs XXXXXXX inside. Bit worse on lying down. No swelling or redness but sore to touch. Got some pain in chest and back. O2 levels fine at 98% and bp 136/85 just now. Leg feels a bit numb below the knee. XXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
I understand your concern.
Pain in the back of thigh with no visible swelling can be due to-

1. Muscle strain and tear - Usually due to overwork and overstretching of the muscles. Recent increase in leg exercises may cause these. Gradual increase in exercise and pain killers with mild symptoms.

2. Prolonged intake of hormonal therapy like oral pills or HRT might cause this.

3. Muscle ischaemia- associated with diabetes usually. There is acute pain associated with it.

4. XXXXXXX vein thrombosis- comes last among the list of probable diagnosis.

5. Muscle cramps: Muscles may cramp, causing significant pain. This may be due to a lack of stretching or an imbalance of electrolytes in the bloodstream. You need to get your serum sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium levels checked.

You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having constant pain in back and thigh, sore to touch, leg feels numb. How to get cured? 15 hours later
Thank you very much. My concern is dvt but I can't see my dr until tomorrow afternoon. The pain went considerably after sleeping. Today I had stitch like pains in my chest and a sharp pain above my right shoulder blade when I breath but not all the time. I feel generally unwell. I suffer from anxiety
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Anxiety often causes symptoms like you are having. The other causes might be a generalized viral illness or a muscle spasm or a viral chest infection. These causes need to be ruled out after an examination by a physician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.