Having cold, running nose and sneezing. What would be the cause and remedy for this problem?

ENT Specialist
Dear Doctor, I have been having cold and sneezing since very long time. I'm not sure if I am allergic to cold or if it is dust. My sneezing is so bad that I start sneezing as soon as water touches my face. I also have occasional nose block and running nose. Sometimes I get heade ache (Migraine and Sinusoitis). I get throat pain if I have cold drinks continuously for two or three days. What's surprising is that I had recently been to the US and the three week i was there, I drank a lot of cold drinks and the weather was cold as well, but I never got running nose or sneezing or throat pain. This was the same case when I went abroad for four days last year as well. Could you please advise what would be the cause and remedy for this problem?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Allergic to dust Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you are suffering from the allergic rhinitis with sinusitis (cold, sneezing, watery discharge from the nose, block and running nose, Headache). Answer of your two most important questions. 1. You are allergic to the dust not to the cold. 2. Your headache is due to the sinusitis not migraine. I personally advised to ---> 1. You can prevent symptoms by avoiding the allergens such as dust. 2. Normal saline nasal wash (prepared with salt and warm water) and Steam Inhalation. 3. In acute condition of your disease you may take antiallergic, nasal decongestant, nasal steroid treatment. For better diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease consult your ENT Specialist and go for X ray PNS or CT scan PNS, Absolute eosinophil count. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.