Having chest pain while leaning forward. Swallowed a chicken bone. Cause?

I am having chest pain when I lean forward..the pain woke me up this morning and now it is 11 pm...all day the pain is there when I mostly lean forward but also when I take a deep breath...I swallowed a chicken bone yesterday but thought nothing of I am wondering is that the cause of this pain
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 27 minutes later
Hello Ma'm

1. A pain chest which is positional (comes only on bending forward) and comes on deep breath, for a female aged 38 years with no significant medical history, is not likely to be anginal.

2. Pain chest associated with deep breath and associated with posture can at times arise from pleura or pericardium (the thin coverings of lungs and heart respectively). If you have any cough/ fever or shortness of breath, then these are more likely possibilities. A chicken bone will produce almost continuous pain, had it caused an injury. A local pain from bone or soft tissue will be tender (painful) to touch or pressure.

3. However since any of these possibilities can be ruled in or out by examination only, I would request you to see your doctor.

Whatever the cause, you may need an ECG as the first step.

Feel free to discuss if there is any other query.