Having chest pain and belching after taking food or drinking. What am I suffering from?

Feb 2013

Everytime I eat or drink something I get a pain in left side of chest and belching
What can this be ?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

Every time after taking food or drinking, the pain in your left side of chest and belching may be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

In GERD, acid will pass into esophagus causing mucosal injury leading to retrosternal pain and belching.

At the same time Gastritis, Acid Peptic Disease (APD, Peptic ulcer) also present with similar complaints.

I advise you to take meals at regular times, small feeds frequently, and sit in upright position for 10 to 15 minutes after food, and try to reduce stress if present.

I advise you to consult Physician to analyze your symptoms, for the examination and treatment advise.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.