Having candida infection. Which specialist should I consult?

Radiologist
Question

I need to know where they test for candida overgrowth in bangalore

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Yes definitely there are multiple laboratories in bangalore who can test for candida. Depending on specimen it may differ. Any laboratory having microbiology study facilities are able for this purpose.

If you want further information please write us back.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having candida infection. Which specialist should I consult? 26 minutes later

Thank you for the response, Can you please recommend a good physician I could go to, in Bangalore,for this specific condition, i.e. overgrowth of candida

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 10 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
I want know few clinical details . How you diagnosed that you are having candida infection. Where is actual infection.

Please provide few details.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having candida infection. Which specialist should I consult? 37 minutes later

This was diagonised by a chiropractor. I dont have the details. That is the reason, I wanted to go to a doctor and get the tests done.

I have had asthmatic attacks in the past and I have a lot of symptoms of candida overgrowth i.e. fatigue, headaches, asthma.

So, it would be good if you could recommend a doctor I could go to, to treat this specific condition.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
I would like to suggest that don't go such diagnosis. Please consult a respiratory and chest disease specialist for evaluation and clinical examination. Then only go for further investigation. You may need not to do any test. Candida infection has different presentation at all.
Apollo hospital is good place where you will get all facilities. Please consult a specialist at first.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.