Having bumps on vulva. Is it skin tags? Suggest the cure?

Hi There,

Got some bumps on my vulva. Could they be skin tags or something else? Located in area between Vagina and Bum.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be wart

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

I have gone through the pictures which you have sent to me. Although it can not be said with certainty without physical examination, but it seems to be wart.

I will advise you to consult a qualified healthcare professional at the earliest possible and get required investigation done to confirm the diagnosis.

As it is a sexually transmitted infection, I will also advise your sexual partner to seek the medical advise.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Follow-up: Having bumps on vulva. Is it skin tags? Suggest the cure? 30 minutes later
Are you sure this can only be warts? This is lifelong yes?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably warts. Not life long

Detailed Answer:

As I mentioned, first thing which comes to my mind after looking at your pictures is wart but its difficult to be sure without examination and investigation.

These are treatable and not lifelong.With proper local treatment you will get rid of it.

Follow-up: Having bumps on vulva. Is it skin tags? Suggest the cure? 1 hour later
Is the virus for life?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
usually not for life

Detailed Answer:

HPV(HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS) is the usual causative factor.Most of the HPV infection clears from most women in 9-15 months. Persistent infection occurs in a few women. But, if persistent infection occurs with high risk types of HPV then it becomes a high risk factor for many malignancies(mainly cervical cancer).

So, you should be cautious and first of all, confirmation of your diagnosis is must for further proceedings.

Dr Deepti