Having bruise on lower back. Hurts to touch. Should I be concerned to drive a car?

Question
I HAVE A HUGE BRUSE ON MY LOWER BACK AND SIDE FROM AN INJURY. SHOULD i BE CONCERNED TO DRIVE A RACE CAR TONITE? IT IS SOMEWHAT SWOLLED BUT ONLY HURTS WITH A TOUCH. Been racing for 40 years.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 59 minutes later
Dear sir,

Your bruise over the low back and side due to injury is likely aggravated by the anticoagulation you are on.

Now, any strain, minor injury or a significant pressure would certainly aggravate the existing bruise.

Therefore, it is recommended that you donot go for driving the race car. Also, it would be advisable that, you adequate rest for atleast 1 week before resuming any exertional activity.

Hope this answers your concern.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Sincerely,

Dr Kiran