Having brown mucusy discharge and back pain after embryo transfer. Any advice?

I am day 9 after having a frozen 2 embryo transfer from day 6 I have had at times a brown mucusy discharge and today I have had lower back pain, as if I was going to get a period but have not, any advise as I am worried. I will not be going a pregnancy test until 6.11.12
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

After embryo transfer, medically there is very little you can do other than take the progesterone supplement which you must be already taking.

Brown discharge could be due to Implantation spotting. It is process where embryo burrows into the wall of uterus and this can result in mild bleeding.
Sometimes the embryo transfer procedures themselves can irritate the cervix and cause light brown spotting afterwards.
Sometimes when the uterus shifts from being estrogen to progesterone dominant you will get a little bit of spotting.

Do not take any self medication for pain.

In case your discharge or pain increases , do visit your doctor immediately.

Avoid intercourse and take good amount of rest.

Avoid heavy work or weight lifting.

You have to test for your pregnancy on the desired date.

Wishing you all the best.