Having brown discolouration on upper right breast and having itching sensation sometimes. Treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a patch of brown discoloration on my upper right breast. It also itches sometimes.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later

From the description alone, I won't be able to accurately diagnose. It could be fungal infection or eczema. It could be a lot of other conditions as well. If you could upload a picture it will help in diagnosis.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

You are having this for how long?
Is it slowly enlarging in size?
Does it itch when you sweat a lot?
Do you have it in your underarms as well?

Kindly get back to me with details, waiting especially for the photograph.

Follow-up: Having brown discolouration on upper right breast and having itching sensation sometimes. Treatment? 43 minutes later
I've had it for quite awhile. I noticed it months ago. It itches sometimes and it d
doesn't look like it has changed in size at all or spread to anywhere. Thanks for your feedback.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 10 minutes later

Thanks for the photo. It does not look like eczema. It appears like hyperpigmented type of pityriasis versicolor. You may apply an antifungal cream like miconazole 2% twice a day over the patch for two weeks. This is an over the counter antifungal medicine. If at the end of 2 weeks it has still not improved then I will recommend an examination by dermatologist.

Hope this helped.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Having brown discolouration on upper right breast and having itching sensation sometimes. Treatment? 14 minutes later
Thank you so much for all your feedback. It was very helpful.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
You are welcome,