Having blisters in the area where insect was bitten. Keeping the wound clean and using peroxide. Treatment?

A bite that secretes a orange colored liquid. Blisters the area the liquid touches. The area is about a quarter size and red.
My boyfriend is the one that was bitten, he has been keeping wound clean and using peroxcide
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

I need some more information in order to understand what is going on.

In the last statement you said he was bitten by "whom" ? was is a human bite or an animal bite (which animal) ?

Please help me to understand the process.

I will certainly help you but please fill in above mentioned details.

Follow-up: Having blisters in the area where insect was bitten. Keeping the wound clean and using peroxide. Treatment? 3 minutes later
It was an insect bite
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 32 minutes later

It seem likely a spider bite and here is how you can deal with at home and if not want to deal with you may consult nearby physician.

1) clean the area around the blister, preferably with iodine, alcohol or another solution with the ability to kill germs.

2) buy as sterile needle from market / diabetic testint lenset needle will be ok.

3) Pop the blister with the needle and push gently on the blister (with clean gauze) to drain the liquid inside.

This step should ease the discomfort.

4) Apply salves or ointments (antibiotic) that protect against infection.

Keep it open and let it breath air it will make it heal faster.

Note- Less likely to occur still.

In case of it getting red / warm/ fever to feel its sign of infection and may need to consult near by physician, as it may need an oral antibiotics

Thanks for fast reply. As usual feel free to contact me in case of any other concern.