Having bleeding during sex. What is causing this?

Mar 2016

My girlfreind is waiting for her period and there is alot of blood when we have sex, but then it stops. She feels her period should be here today. What could be happening?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Bleeding during or after sex may be due to blunt trauma inside vagina or cervix by rough sexual intercourse. This type of bleeding usually stops automatically and no medical treatment is required. Cervical polyp etc are least possible in this case. If you did unprotected sex close to her ovulation day (approx 14 days before due date) or fertile days ( 11th to 19th day of 28-30 days cycle), then her chance of pregnancy is quite high. In that case, she must undergo one home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy soon after missed period. Otherwise, she can wait few more days to get period naturally as she feels period symptoms or PMS (Premenstrual Symptoms). It is more indicative of getting period shortly. Just avoid mental stress and maintain healthy life style. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW