Having back pain. Taking pain killer and using volini pain balm. Remedy?

From last few days I am having so much of back pain at my lower, upper back as well as on spine due to which sometime I wouldn’t be able to stand properly.
most of the days I have to take pain killer as well as have to use ‘Volini pain balm’. So I want to discuss this problem and its remedy.
I will be most thankful to you If you’ll suggest me any way to get relief of this pain.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urgent evaluation needed

Detailed Answer:

As your symptoms are severe and unable to carry on with your routine I advise you an immediate evaluation by a spine surgeon or Orthopedic surgeon. Most likely you would need an MRI of the lumbar spine.

If you have severe symptoms I advise you to take complete bed rest (everything on bed) for at least 48 hours on firm mattress or floor with dari. You need cold icing or hot pads depending on the preference you make. Sometimes muscle relaxant pills help you get quicker relief.

You have to take your family help for nature calls and food while you undertake bed rest. Once the pain subsides get immediate evaluation under the care of Spine surgeon. Since you had already used up all the over the counter and common home treatments you should not delay further.

Hope this helps in taking quicker decision.