Having abdominal pain, have 3 fibroids left side. No fatty liver or spleen. What is the reason?

Hi I am 41 years of age 1.69m tall & currently weigh 110kilo. I have a 4 & 1 year old. Over last 8 months I have had 4-5 incidence when I have bent over-focus left side bench & had sharp intense pain it gas brought tears to my eyes. At times also if I am washing dishes at a sink with some pressure pressing there it feels like something is slowly moving. Had 1 doc appt & she pressed & checked spleen/fatty liver & didn't feel it was that. Still concerned, have 3 fibroids left side, could it be them/something else?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 34 minutes later
Dear friend,

Welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I did not get a clear site where your pain is felt. Could you please describe your problem in greater detail and answer a few questions.

Do you also have any menstrual problems? Is there any bleeding/ discharge p/v? Was a p/v (per vaginal) examination done anytime recently?
Was an ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis done?
Can you characterize the pain- site, intensity, nature, intermittent or constant, dull aching or colicky, any backache, aggravating / relieving factors? You say bending sideways and pressing on the lower belly brings on the pain?
Did you have any fever?
Any nausea, vomiting, flank pain?
Did you have any surgeries in the abdomen?

Fibroids would cause more of discomfort and irregular bleeding.

I would be able to answer more specifically once I get the details.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain, have 3 fibroids left side. No fatty liver or spleen. What is the reason? 3 hours later
Hi Dr Akole,

The pain I feel is about 1/2 way down on left abdominal
side between nipple and belly button level.

It only happens when my left side stomach is resale squashed, say I am sitting on floor with soles of feet together and bend left side or I am sitting on a low chair/lounge & bend over left side. It it an instant, acute, sharp pain which subsides as soon as I straighten out.

No problems at all with menstruation.

No surgery.

No fever, vomiting, flank pain.

No to ultrasound stomach/pelvic area.

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later

Thanks for the details.

From your description, it is clear that the pain is not due to fibroids in the uterus.

Since it is momentary pain on bending, it is mostly a muscle cramp of the left abdominal and flank muscles which is very painful and is relieved once the muscle is relaxes from the contraction when you straighten up.

It is not worrisome.

Since the pain is only momentary, I would only suggest you to try avoiding bending in awkward positions and it should not recur.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!