Having abdominal pain and bloating. Low grade fever and body ache. Could anal fissures cause bowel cramps?

hello doctor, please help! I live in Holland, where doctors (physicians) are not as knowledgeable as American doctors are. Here is my problem: Today is the 3rd day since I have developed abdominal pain, bloating, gas in the area of my bowels. Yesterday it became worse (I could hardly sleep). I had a low grade fever 37,1 and body ache all over. Today, my temperature is normal, I don't have body aches, but pain, gas and bloating persists. Even drinking water, or soup makes it worse. Perhaps I should mention that I've had a similar episodes in March of this year,and my physician had suspected diverticulitis.The symptoms did last long, so it was left inconclusive. I have history of annal fissures, and actually, for the last 5 months they are still bothering me (as we speak ) after the last flier up in May of this year.Could annal fissures give this bowel cramps as I have describe, or it looks more like acute diverticulitis? I asked my doctor today to order a simple blood test, stool sample (for blood) and to also check for possible viral infection (although I have a normal stool and no vomiting)Thank you for your help with this. Sincerely, XXXX
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

These symptoms are more suggestive of acute diverticulitis or it may acute infectious enteritis.Anal fissure do not lead to cramps and fever, so it appears to be very remote possibility. for confirming I will like to advise to get some blood tests like complete haemogram and may be blood culture. Among imaging CT scan of abdomen will be the best choice for confirming the diagnosis. meanwhile take a course of antibiotics and antispasmodic agent.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.