Having abdominal pain. Getting relief from marijuana. Any suggestion?

Hi, i have my partner suffering from functional abdominal pain, we have searched and searched for answers and meds that would help, she builds a tolerance every time and we are back to square one. the only thing that has worked is marijuana, not medical because our state doesnt believe in such a thing, do you know if marijuana helps or is it just a placebo effect, what i need is an ok from a specialist or a study showing that it helps.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 21 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Marijuana helps for nausea and also some functional issues of stomach. It can also help for appetite and it is used even in the shape of synthetic with the name of Dranobinol to help people who have cancer to have better appetite and less nausea and stomach discomfort. Nobody will find tolerance toward it and it is a positive factor.
(It may also be used for pain relief and sleep facilitator although it is not approved for that.) You can ask your doctor to prescribe this medication after assessment. It is easy to obtain and does not have any legal problem. Please let me know if you have any other question. I wish you and your partner a good health.
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain. Getting relief from marijuana. Any suggestion? 23 minutes later
I need to know if affects the liver
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 16 minutes later
Hi there, marijuana should be used with cautious in people with active liver disease.
If there no liver disease, there is no problem. Meanwhile, it still can affect the clearance of the medications the person want to use at the same time.
It is very important because in some cases like OCP (contraceptive pills) usage, it can lead to failure of the therapy.
Let me know if you have any other question.

Best wishes.