Having Phimosis. Non-surgical treatment options?

Urologist
Question
i m suffering from phimosis.can i get rid of it without surgery
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 30 minutes later
Hello.

Stretching of foreskin can be tried manually. This shall be very painful. You can take help of Urologist for the same.

If you are able to pull back the skin, then you should start applying steroid cream under the guidance of Urologist. Studies have shown that by doing this, surgery can be avoided in 70% of patients although success is usually achieved in young children.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having Phimosis. Non-surgical treatment options? 13 hours later
should i go for surgery?what type of surgery is performed?is it painful?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 24 minutes later
Hello.

You need to have circumcision. It can be done under local anesthesia.

Surgery by itself is not painful. However, the sensitive glans gets exposed for the first time in life; hence most of the patients are not able to wear undergarments for few days and thus a recovery time of 5 days is usually required.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.