Having Hypertension and Diabetes. Which doctor to consult?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am B P and daibetic patient since nine months and my age is 43 years old . I want to know which doctor I will consult for my treatment.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

If Hypertension and Diabetes is not adequately controlled with lifestyle modifications and dietary control, then treatment from a specialist doctor means a super specialist opinion is required.

I would advise you to consult an Endocrinologist for Diabetes under these circumstances, who will properly evaluate your case and will guide you regarding the investigations necessary and adequate treatment.

For Hypertension you can take a second opinion from experienced Physician (MD) or you can consult a Cardiologist also.

Meanwhile, you continue taking the treatment advised by your previous doctor and fix an appointment with an Endocrinologist and physician/Cardiologist as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.