Have yeast infection on penis. Using Fulcanazole and Candid. Have diabetes type 2

Question
hello sir iam suffering from yeast infection on my penis from last 1 year.it comes every 2 to 3 months .iam using fulcanazole 150 mg and candid d lotion .plz help me.iam suffering a lot.iam type 2 diabetic.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 35 minutes later

I assume that you are confirmed with the diagnosis of yeast infection.

Right now you are using Fluconazole orally and candid lotion topically. These are good drugs for candida. If you are using ointment intermittently then the chance of getting resistance by candida on these drugs are more. You can change to other azoles like miconazole, tioconazole, butoconazole. You can use nystatin and if very severe you can use amphotericin B.

Since you are also Type 2 DM patient, it is one of the most important risk factor for candida infection. You should be well controlled on your sugar level. Sugar level control is the first and important thing in fungal infection.

Keep the area dry and clean always. Use topical cream/lotion/ointment (azole) three times a day over dry area at least for 14 days continuously to destroy the fungus completely.

With these you will be alright.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.

Wish you good health

Dr Vidya

Follow-up: Have yeast infection on penis. Using Fulcanazole and Candid. Have diabetes type 2 26 hours later
THANKS MADAM FOR YOUR KIND REPLY."You can use nystatin and if very severe you can use amphotericin B.
1,NYSTATIN IS TABLET/CAPSULE/LOTION
2,AMPHOTERICIN B IS TABLET/CAPSULE/LOTION

You can use nystatin and if very severe you can use amphotericin B.
IF ITS A TABLET ,WHEN I SHOULD TAKE.

iam not getting nystatin and amphotericin b in the medical shop. i stay in pune

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 6 hours later

Thanks again.

Nystatin is available in ointment form. It's for topical application.

Amphotericin B is used only in severe fungal infection and is available in intravenous infusion. Currently there is no real need for intravenous injections. Discuss with your current treating doctor if your condition worsens.

If you can't find Nystatin ointment you can try terbinafine 1% cream which is an equivalent alternative.

Hope I answered your query. If satisfied, please close the query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr Vidya KR

Follow-up: Have yeast infection on penis. Using Fulcanazole and Candid. Have diabetes type 2 15 hours later
ok noted madam,and plz do tell me some good medicine in capsule/tablets,so that i can use orally.as wife is of very doubty nature.she will start screwing me that how it happen ......always taking things in wrong way....

any good medicine so that i maintain to keep away yeast infection in future...

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 18 hours later

Thanks again,

To prevent fungal infection, you don't have to take treatment continuously. Follow the below mentioned advice.

1. Make sure your blood sugars are within normal limit.

2. Make sure you take the current treatment for at least 14 days or up to complete treatment. Because though your symptom subside, some fungus may be inactive and resurface as you stop treatment. Hence it is necessary that you complete the full course of treatment.

3. Fungus thrives on moist environment so keep the area clean and dry.

4. Wash your under garments regularly in hot water and sundry.

5. Recurring infection is usually associated with unprotected sexual intercourse. If your partner (wife) also has an infection, you can get it again through her. So do get her checked for presence of infection. If she has it too, she also needs to be treated.

Hope this answers your query. If satisfied, please close the query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr Vidya KR

Follow-up: Have yeast infection on penis. Using Fulcanazole and Candid. Have diabetes type 2 25 hours later
1,any medicines which i should take orally.
2,and as u say that my wife also has the infection,what medicines should she take,plz advice
3,we are having 1 year 7 months child .is this affect him.if yes how to keep him away from this infection

i brought micogel f ointment tell me if that will work ?

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 8 hours later

Thanks again..

1. If your symptoms are controlled by local application ointment, oral medication not required. as i mentioned in previous answer , if its sever infection then only you need to take other medications.

2. For your wife it would be better to get examined by a gynecologist, to diagnose a condition, she may need to get pap smear done, and vaginal discharge study. If she does have the infection, she would need to use an anti-fungal pessary like clotrimazole pessary.

3. I don't think your child would be having the infection. For your child you can consult pediatrician for advice. as they are specialist in that field.

Micogel f is a antifungal preparation , you can use that...

Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr Vidya KR