Have warts on neck and face. Is there any treatment? Should I stop having sex?

I have got warts on my Neck and face and they are increasing in number day by day.
1)Is there any treatment for it.
2)Also i am married ,so is there chance that my wife can acquire it.what precaution should i take.should i stop having sex and can i kiss her or not?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

I have seen your pictures and I understand your concern about warts.

Wart is viral infection. It is contagious and chance of spreading is high in face and neck area due to shaving.

1)     There are different treatment options available for warts removal like co2 laser, cryotherapy, radiocautery, TCA application. The results are good.

There is a chance of recurrence of the wart after its removal. You need to get them removed, when it recurs. Average 4-5 sessions are required.

Please do not pick or break the warts.

When our body becomes immune to the virus, infection will be cured.

I strongly suggest you to consult dermatologist and getting the warts removed.

2)     I would like to answer your second query.

-Chance of infection to your wife is there. Please avoid skin-to-skin contact for prevention of spread. You have warts on face and neck, so do not kiss her.
-If there are no warts on private parts, you can perform sexual intercourse safely. I would like to suggest you to use condoms.

I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.

Follow-up: Have warts on neck and face. Is there any treatment? Should I stop having sex? 3 hours later

Thanks for Quick response.However I have few queries:
1)As you said i should get them treated,so suppose if i got them removed by acid or
get them electroluted,i read that then also the HPV virus will remain in body,so then will it be
safe to be in physical contact with my wife as virus will be there?
2)I have warts only in my face,so is it ok to induldge in oral sex and normal sex as i dont want to pass it to
my wife?
3)Are warts STD disease ?
4)Should i stop shaving or trimming my beard?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I would like to answer your queries one by one.

1) Yes, you are correct. After removal of warts HPV remain in body. You should avoid skin to skin contact in affected areas.

2) As you have warts on face, it is okay to perform normal sexual intercourse. On safer side, it is better to use condom and avoid oral sex.

3) All warts are not STD, but genital warts (warts on private parts) are considered as STD. Your warts are not STD.

4) Shaving may cut warts and increase chance of spreading. Trimming your beard is safer approach.

I hope I answered your queries.

Follow-up: Have warts on neck and face. Is there any treatment? Should I stop having sex? 15 hours later
Hi ,

Thanks for all the answers.Yesterday i went to the dermatologist. He told it is not warts .these are molluscum contagiosum.
1)what are these and how are they different from warts.
2)are these curable. He has given me a medicine named imiquad cream.He says it will improve my immunity towards the it true?
3)In total i have gone to 3 dermatologist ,1 told it is warts and other 2 told it is molluscum. I dont know what to believe.From the pic that i have sent you is there a possibility to detect what are those.
4)and are these life long viruses.i mean even after there removal the virus will remain in body so does that mean for full life no one should kiss me and toch me on my neck and cheeks?

Thanks in advance as this is my last follow up.

1) Molluscum contagiosum is also viral infection. They have small white dots in center. In all case, we cannot see the white spot. In certain variety or previously treated cases, it is difficult to differentiate it from wart.

2) Yes, it is curable. Most of the lesion is cured in single session only. Role of imiquad to improve immunity has not been proven.

3) Treatment point of view is same in both conditions. So do not worry much about diagnosis. Molluscum treated in single session while warts required 4-5 sessions. From picture, it looks like warts.

4) No. They are not lifelong virus. Once we treat them, they will not remain in body. So skin to skin contact to be avoided for certain time only.

Finally, I would like to suggest to consulting dermatologist who recommended to removing the lesion with cautery, laser or liquid nitrogen. Just get removed them.

There is nothing to worry and please do not take much stress as stress reduce our immunity and delay healing.

Wish you speedy recovery.