Have warm pain after eating or drinking. TSH level is abnormal. Suggest?

Hello Doctor,
Its regarding thyroid, that was discovered during recent test.
The test was: "Thyroid Stimulating harmone (Chemiluminescence) - 8.09 mcIU / ml.
In recent days, what ever i take for eating or drinking i felling like pain (a warm pain) but not too much.
Could you please guide me for the same.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 51 minutes later

Your TSH level is not normal. High TSH is often suggestive of a condition known as hypothyroidism. I would suggest you to get done the following tests

1. Free T4
2. Anti TPO antibody

Do you have an enlarged thyroid gland (goitre). Please get these tests done and revert back ASAP. Once these test arise we can start you on thyroid hormone replacement which would help solve the problems you are facing

With Warm regards
Dr. Om Lakhani.
Follow-up: Have warm pain after eating or drinking. TSH level is abnormal. Suggest? 12 days later
Hello Doctor,

Anti body TPO reports are attached. As suggested by previous doctor to give an advise for my problem.
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 1 hour later

Thanks for the reports. The TPO is negative. I had also asked for Free T4 report. If you have got it done you can send it over.

Since you TPO is negative and if your T4 is normal then there is no need for taking thyroid medications. You can check your thyroid function test annually.

As far as your warm feeling in throat is concerned, I generally advice you to take Oral Pantoprazole once a daily before breakfast. You can also take some lozenges to improve salivation that can reduce the warm feeling in throat.

Hope that helps
Dr. Om Lakhani.