Have used veet, got inside vagina. It stung and getting discharge with blood and horrible smell. Suggest?

Hi I used veet and it must of gotten inside my vagina as at first it really stung when I went to the toilet however now I am getting a discharge with a bit of blood and it smells really horrible
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Sometimes veet or any other depilatory cream can lead to contact irritant dermatitis. That is why even the manufacturers advise not to use it over genital area as the area is quite sensitive. Irritant dermatitis may present as a slightly serous/ straw colored or bloody discharge. This can be treated by cleaning the area with XXXXXXX warm saline water and application of steroid antibiotic cream. if pain is there, take ibuprofen and if itching is present take tablet cetirizine. I would encourage a dermatologist's visit so that a proper examination of affected area can be done as a foul smelling discharge can occur in pelvic inflammatory disease or other infections too like bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas infection, gonorrhoea etc.( provided you are sexually active)
Hope that helped.
Should there be any other query, please write back.