Have undergone ovarian drilling. Prescribed meprate. What is the cause for delayed periods?
User rating for this question
Hello Doctor This is sowji I have undergone ovarian drilling in the month of Oct 18th 2013. I went to my gynaecologist she gave me meprate to get period. I took them frm 16th to 18th of Nov'13 and Iam waiting for my period till now I have not got. Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Combined hormonal pills Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for delay in withdrawal bleeding in your case are : - Sometimes progesterone pills take longer time to act. - Insufficient dosage of progesterone tablets. -Persistence of poly cystic ovaries leading to hormonal imbalance. - Stress and strain due to surgery affecting central hormones. So, as there is no effect after 12 days of completion of progesterone tablets, better to consult your gynecologist once again. Possibly combined hormonal pills may help in your case to induce withdrawal bleeding. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Have undergone ovarian drilling. Prescribed meprate. What is the cause for delayed periods? 13 minutes later
Mam, from last one year iam taking only 1 to 2 tablets of meprate to get my period. Now I took 3. Daily im taking MCBM, glycomate as suggested by my doctor. If I take 1 tablet of meprate i wll get my period with in 12 to 14 days. So i would like to know whether i have to wait fr few days and then consult the doctor or shall i consult her immerdiatly. I would also like to know what are the chances of becoming pregnant with this kind of system. will my periods are going to become regular or no.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait for 3 more days Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. As previously you used to get withdrawal bleeding after 12 to 14 days of intake of tablets, better to wait for 3 to 4 days. Possibly by that time you will get withdrawal bleeding. Usually ovarian drilling acts effectively in treating PCOD. So possibly, your cycles may get regularized soon. Once you get regular ovulatory cycles, you can plan for pregnancy. Take care.
People also viewed
- Can meprate delay periods
- No periods have pcos prescribed meprate what is the problem
- Can utovlan stop your period once you've already started?
- Ova mit tablets treatment period
- When to start meprate to delay periods
- Is drinking ice cold water ok during pregnancy
- Is it ok to take primolut n to get periods?
- Is frequent urination during pregnancy is compulsory
- Is drinking water ok during fasting for physical exam
- Meprate medicine dosage to delay periods
- Norgest tablet is to post pone the periods
- Is eating chocolate at night bad
- What causes the delay in periods even after taking meprate
- Regestrone tablets to stop overflow
- Is eating prawns good during pregnancy