Have two uterine fibrods. Suggest for full hysterectomy to be done. Is there any alternate solution?

i have two uterine fibrods. They are quite large and have been told to a have a full hystectomy is the only solution. I am only 36 and not sure if i still want to have kids. Is there any other options for me
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 49 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Gonadotrophin releasing hormone analogues are extremely effective in reducing size of uterine fibroids, but these can't be given for long time.

Mifepristone can also be given to shrink fibroid.

You can discuss with your Gynecologist about possibility of Myomectomy in place of Hysterectomy, after reducing size of Fibroid with medicines.

You can also discuss about possible use of destructive techniques like cryosurgery, response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,