Have tiny white spot at the side of eye, swollen penis, painful foreskin. What am I suffering from?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have 1 tiny white spot just to the side of my japs eye, my penis has been swollen and painfully around the foreskin last few days, previous to this I had been camping and went about 3 days without having a shower... Similar thing with penis/foreskin and small white spots has happend before, usually when I have went few days without washing! I have a regular long term girlfriend, never cheated on her and both had tests done at gum clinic before we slept with each other although I have since found out they don't test for herpes? Obviously concerned about this, have been avoiding sleeping with girlfriend last few days since this appeared
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later
You are most probably suffering from a genital fungal infection causing balanitis ( swelling and inflammation of penis).Herpes infection usually causes painful clear fluid filled blisters rather than your present description .
However it's wise to avoid unsafe sexual intercourse till your condition is diagnosed and treated .
The best way would be to consult a dermatologist or your bacterial infection might be ordered by the doctor .
The treatment would include local antifungal agents like clotrimazole or ketoconazole , if necessary oral antifungal and antibiotics and analgesics like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to reduce pain and swelling .
Sometimes over the counter ointments containing combination of antifungal antibiotic and steroid ( Cloben G , Candid B etc) may provide temporary relief.
But most important is to practice adequate genital hygiene so that the condition does not recurr.
So please do not worry and do get yourself evaluated for confirmation of diagnosis .
If left untreated the condition may worsen or spread thus it's advisable not to delay the treatment .
Hope that answers your query.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.