Have tiny hole above the anus that bleeds. What am I suffering from?

My friend has a tiny hole above the anus and every day it bleeds a lot . What sickness you call it? Is it that it is a must to undergo operation?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
It seems that your friend s having a pilonidal sinus. It is an infected tract under the skin between the buttocks. Treatment commonly involves an operation. After the operation the area should be kept free of growing hair by regular shaving or other means of hair removal.
There are various operations which are done to cure this problem. The treating surgeon will be able to give the details and the pros and cons of each operation and will help in deciding the procedure best for him.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.