Have tingling sensation all over body. Prescribed Neurotin. MRI and CAT scans normal. Could it be nerve impingement or anxiety?

Nov 2013

tingling in hands and feet and sometimes all over body. Had it last year for several months saw doctor who had me take all kinds of tests. Put me on Neurotin 100mg 3x a day. It went away and now back. What could it be a nerve impingement, anxiety, what?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of peripheral neuropathy, a condition where the nerves in body, mostly feet and hands do not function normally.

The common underlying causes include diabetes, thyroid problems, take either neurontin (gabapentin) or lyrica (pregabalin) for relief of symptoms.

Evaluation would include nerve conduction studies (NCV), serum vitamin B12 level, thyroid profile, and glycosylated hemoglobin.

I hope it helped. Please get back if you have any further queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad