Have thyroid problem. TSH 11.37. Does thyroid reduce mortality of sperm?

I have thyroid problem for 1 month.TSH - 11.37.Is that any problem with issue in near future?I am married persons.Recently i came to know that Thyroid reduce the mortality of sperm.Is that true?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later
Thanks for posting query.
Thyroid hormone has effect on production of sperms i.e. spermatogenes.
So lack of thyroid hormone has effects on production and motility and quality of sperms.
But nothing to worry, after thyroid becomes normal with taking thyroid medicines, there will not be the problem for having issue in future.
So first let hypothyroid get controlled and then you may think of having a child.
Within short time your hypothyroid will be controlled with thyroid medicines.
Go for blood testing of TSH one moth to two months interval and know the condition of TSH.
I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction.
If you have further query or clarification, please write back.
I will be happy to answer.
Ok and take care.
DR. Ramesh Vachharajani, Ahmedabad.