Have thyroid imbalance and not able to conceive. What should be used for dry vagina during intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
Its 2 years of my marriage and since my wife has thyroid imbalance she has not been able to conceive. Now the thyroid level is better and based on a gynae doctor we have started follicular scan/study treatment. Half of follicular sitting are through for this month and doctor has advised for intercourse on alternate days for next one week. Since this intercourse is out of necessity for child birth and not of desire, sometimes my wife's vagina is dry and w.r.t i hv raised query today morning on usage of lubricating jelly and received answer.
Apart from above query i hv another doubt which iam hesitative to ask our doctor in person
1. How XXXXXXX should my penis be inserted in my wife's vagina for ejaculation of sperm. My body height is of 179 cms and penis would be around 5-6 inches but being scared of causing pain to my wife i insert only abt 50% to 60% of it inside vagina. Will this be sufficient or i need to insert more XXXXXXX
2. Will alternate days of intercourse have sufficient count of sperms in my ejaculation
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for asking a question.
Do not feel any hesitation. Because these are also part of your life.
I am giving your answers one by one.

1. For an effective ejaculation, you need to ejaculate high in vagina. That means you have to insert your penis as much as you can. Because, normally, fertilization takes place in fallopian tube. So, a sperm has to cross the distance between vagina and the fallopian tube. For this reason try to insert your penis in vagina as much as you can.

Considering your situation, lubricating jelly is a better option for you. One more thing, psychological inspiration for intercourse is a very important part. It is being said that you can have your result, if you try from the core of your heart. So, try to sort this out with your wife. I know, it is a difficult thing. But, if you can achieve this state, then you need no medication for being a parent. Now, the way , how you can do that is upto you.

2. It is true that alternate days of intercourse will decrease your sperm count. But this is negligible. Intercourse in alternate day is necessary. Because pregnancy is just a matter of chance. The chance of getting pregnant will be more, if you have intercourse alternate days.

So, in summary, try to insert your penis as much as you can during ejaculating and try to have intercourse every alternate day as you have instructed.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Regards.