Have taken augmentin and ibruprofen, skin has started itching and head is spinning. Suggest?

Rheumatologist
Question
i've just taken augmentin and ibruprofen, and my skin has started itching and my head is spinning
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont take any further dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Well looking into your problem and the history you gave I would like to tell you that you probably had an allergic reaction to either of the two drugs augmentin or ibuprofen .

Since you had developed itching and spinning of head it might be the signs of reaction .

I would advise you to consult your treating doctor immediately as you will require antiallergic like cetrizine and if the reaction further progresses steroids for controlling it . Please dont take any further dosage before consulting with your doctor . Kindly seek medical help at earliest.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Have taken augmentin and ibruprofen, skin has started itching and head is spinning. Suggest? 3 hours later
thank you, you were correct, severe allergic reaction.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Its my pleasure if I would have been of any help to you.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti