Have swollen lymph node in neck. Found high crp, absolute esonophils level. On levaquin, keflex

these last few months my absolute esonophils are going up... started at 530 and now at 650... I also have a swollen lymph node in neck ... my crp level is high... have had 2 epsiodes in the last 9 mos where I felt like I was dying - tired - no energy etc
if i'm looking up then you can feel the nodule in my lymph node 1.5 inches directly under ear - also - above my colar bone the lymph node that comes up the side of my neck swells and goes away... this one causes pain on the side of my neck and somtimes back of neck... I swear it seems like my whole body is also swollen...
Already went on Levaquin, augmentin and keflex
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

It is possible that the enlarged lymph node is what we call we active. This really means that the immune system is somehow reacting to something in the environment whether it be some type of food or environmental stimulant or something like an infection. I think it is reasonable for you to have this lymph node looked at under the microscope in order to give Your doctors a better idea about what is going on.

The elevated Eosinophil count may reflect some type of allergic response. Again I think a definitive answer by examining the lymph node would be helpful. Your doctors might consider also checking for some type of autoimmune disorder which might explain some of your symptoms including extreme fatigue.

Thanks again for sending your question. I am confident that your doctors will slowly get to the answer so that you can find some resolution of what you have been dealing with. If you have any additional specific concerns please let me know.

Dr. Galamaga