Have swollen lymph node. How to get rid of this?

Allergist and Immunologist
Swollen nontender lymph nodes bilaterally. CT showed nothing. Surgeon said to see him again in 3 months. Have been tested for MS & lupus for past 9 years after having optic neuritis. Had pneumonia twice in 6 weeks back in March & April. Never had before.
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 2 hours later
It would be good if you had mentioned the size of the lymph nodes or how long you have these glands swollen for. If the size is less than 1 cm with no other nodes at other sites palpable, then this is current not clinically significant. If your surgeon is not concerned I think you just follow his advice. However next time it is prudent to obtain a biopsy or FNAC of the node. They clinch the diagnosis.

Since the CT scan had not shown any other abnormality, it is best to wait for 3 months. Meanwhile, if you have any other symptoms such as night sweats, weight loss and glands feel bigger then please visit your surgeon straight away.

Also, I am not sure if you received or are on any treatment with immunosuppressive agents for the optic neuritis or the lupus like symptoms, which becomes significant in this setting.
A Haematologist's opinion would be important if you develop any of the above symptoms.

I hope that was useful.