Have swollen bottom lip. Noticed pimple below lip which oozes clear liquid. What to do?
User rating for this question
Yesterday evening I felt a little pain on the inside of my bottom lip. This morning my bottom lip was really swollen. Below my lip is what I think is a pimple but only clear liquid comes out. What do I do?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: please upload the picture Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. It seems like an inflammatory lesion on the bottom lip. Could you please upload an image of the same with good clarity? I would like to have a look at it before suggesting you. Awaiting your response.
Follow-up: Have swollen bottom lip. Noticed pimple below lip which oozes clear liquid. What to do? 7 minutes later
The first picture is my swollen lip. The second is the area under my lip that what I think is a pimple.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: take anti-histamines immediately Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the pictures. It seems like an acute inflammatory reaction and swelling, caused by an insect bite or a drug reaction or an eczematous reaction to something that went unnoticed. The lower lip swelling is obvious. The pimple that is seen below the lip is nothing serious. It is a local inflammatory reaction as well. In such a situation, it would be ideal for you to go to the ER, and be evaluated for any possible drug reactions. In addition, you can get an IV shot of anti-histamine for faster recovery from the lip swelling. Alternatively, you could take anti-histamines like Tablet. Zyrtec 10mg immediately, and then followed by the same drug, every 12 hours, for the swelling to subside. You can apply neosporin or any topical antibiotic cream for the pimple to subside. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for drug-induced lupus
- Pimple getting infected and swollen on lip
- White pimples below lower lip
- Red scabs that look like vampire bites
- Treatment and cure for phobic disorder
- Treatment and cure for straddle injury
- Son has pimple on lip for past year what is it
- Paralysis swollen eyelids spider bites
- Bite in my leg look like ring
- Pimples on bottom lip toddler
- Spider bite or lymphoma
- Treatment and cure for mumps orchitis
- Pimples on the lip of vagina what could this be
- Treatment and cure for tinea unguium
- White spot on lip from biting