Have swelling on the base of skull. Should I be worried?

I have a lump or swelling on the base of my skull i can feel it only when bending foward. Should i be worried i also have a tiny bump on the rt side of the back of my neck hard. Had for 2 years. Now the whole middle portion from the bottom of my skull to the nape is swollen. Feels like a cyst.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 minutes later

If you don't have any other complaints except those described above, you do not have to worry. The causes of such swelling are many like cyst, lipoma, neurofiboma etc. A detailed physical examination along with neurological assessment will help us guide you better.

Please get evaluated by a local neurologist.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Have swelling on the base of skull. Should I be worried? 35 minutes later
well my symptomf are just terrible headaches stiff jaw. And and a terrible neck pain that wakes me up in the middle of the nite. like rt now i have a weird headache feel sleepy sore back shoulder pain. I i waz massaging it wen i noticed it. I took motrin tylenol n no luck
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 14 minutes later
In my opinion, a local neurologist should evaluate you. Hence, please fix an appointment at the doctor’s office. We must find out the exact diagnosis, so that we can help you better.

Best wishes