Have supraventricular tachycardia by birth. Having chest pain. What is causing this pain?

heart (chest?) problemshello! My name is XXXXXXX and I dont have insurance so u dont want to go to the doctor for something im not sure is serious. ive been having what I think are chest or heart pains. its not all the time, it happens from time to time. when it happens it very sharp, and the more I breathe in the worse it is. I have to watch which way I move or it gets worse. when I was younger I was born with a heart condition called SVT but I was told I grew out of it. I juat turned 20, im 5"5, and 206 lbs. I hope I gave enough information. thanks in advance!
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
For the pain that you are having, two possibilities are coming to my mind, these include:
1)The first possibility is of pleuritis - You may have VIRAL BRONCHITIS. Your pain may be caused by PLEURISY, an irritation of the lining of the lung that is usually caused by a viral infection. Hard coughing may also cause pain in the muscles and chest wall. Drink plenty of fluids, and try cold medicines and/or anti-inflammatory medicines to relieve your symptoms. See your doctor if the pain continues for more than a few days or if you develop a fever.
2) The second possibility can be of myositis or muscle pull due to overuse of muscles. Mild antiinflammatory drugs and hot fomentation will help you.
The problem is not likely to be related to SVT.
In case the symptoms are persistent then do consult a physician for prescription medicines.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. RakhiTayal.
Follow-up: Have supraventricular tachycardia by birth. Having chest pain. What is causing this pain? 24 minutes later
its been going on over the years, it hasnt been really all of a sudden. does that change anything? I dont have any other symptoms really. except over the year ive had more headaches and dull pains in my legs and arm.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If it is there for many years then it is less likely to be due to any major problem. The dull pains in the legs and arms is not likely to be related to the chest pain. Anxiety can be a triggering factor in your case.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.