Have suicidal thoughts. Looking for treatment

I am looking for a phychiatrist to book in the Swindon area for my daughter and the cost of this. she recently attempted to commit suicide and has some very XXXXXXX issues she will not face up to. There appears to be no help or support for her and has been quite literally brushed aside. she does not need a councellor (which was sort of offered ). she needs some one who will help her face up to her issues and move on. I am trying to see also what this will cost so see how i can help her. Or if there is any way i can get her this on the NHS. Whatever the answer is. Many thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 43 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

I am sorry about the daughter, as you correctly stated you should have been referred to a psychiatrist especially with a history of two previous suicide attempts.

Treatment is available through the NHS, it would require a referral from her GP, if you have any difficulty with your GP, then , if possible, you may want to consider going to another practice.

There are at least 4 private psychiatrist available in Swindon. While I was unable to find their fees ,I did find information on the general fees charged for psychiatry in the UK. The fees range from 175 pounds to over 300, depending on the length of the consultation.
The names of the private doctors in Swindon were Dr XXXXXXX Bullock, Dr XXXXXXX Hibbert, Dr XXXXXXX Johnstone , Dr XXXXXXX Turbull.

I hope this helps and you daughter receives the treatment that she needs.
Feel free to ask any other questions