Have staff infection on scalp, staff boils everywhere. No relief from medicine. Proper diagnosis and cure?

Oncologist, Surgical
If I may ask what is the cost of the inquiry? It has nothing to do with my present conditons. It is all together different. Totally unbelievable!!!
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your complaints. The problems you are suffering from all fall under the category of extra-intestinal manifestations of inflammatory bowel disease. In simple terms, patients with IBD can have problems involving other parts of their body as well. In your case, you have ankylosing spondylitis and these sores (which can occur in the skin, scalp and the mouth). These sores are a recurring problem and can continuously ooze fluid, which you are experiencing.
Although you are already receiving steroids and methotrexate, I would suggest that you XXXXXXX a good immunologist and seek his opinion regarding immunotherapy. Another option is that you have surgery of the affected bowel and most of these symptoms resolve following that.
Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query.