Have sores in joint, numbness in hands and shoulder. What treatment should be done?

General Surgeon
hi.doc i have numness on out side right an left hands and my shoulders are sore in joints my little fingers are num been going on about 2 mos
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 34 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by spine disease (like cervical spine disc herniation), brachial plexus abnormalities, cubital tunnel syndrome, Guyon's canal syndrome. All this disease result with ulnar nerve compression and give little finger numbness. The exact reason can be found by neurologist who should perform physical examination of the nerves and spine. EMG (electromyography) and spine MRI might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.