Results show denervation changes in limbs. Possibility of a pure motor syndrome? ALS?

my friends report from the dept of neurophysiology summary is: motor nerve conduction studies of the upper and lower limbs are within normal limits except for an absent compound muscle action potential of the right common peroneal nerve sensory nerve conduction studies of the upper and lower limbs are with normal limits needle emg examination show denervation changes in the upper limbs and in the lower limbs (distal more than proximal distribution) There is no evidence of denervation in the bulbar or trunk muscles tested comment the findings raise the possibility of a pure motor syndrome but cannot differentiate between axonal motor neuropathy or anterior horn cell disorder if clinically indicated it may be worth repeat ncs/emg in due course to check on progression what are they saying could she have ALS?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012