Have sore breast, extended stomach and passing foul gas. Colonoscapy done. Required treatment?

Jan 2013

I'm very worried about my nice. Her stomach is very extended, having very bad pain from under her boobs to her bottom and passing very smelly foul gas. I was with her all weekend for her wedding and her stomach was very flat. She has been having this problem for a while. She had an colonoscapy and she had a very small polyp and was told dthis was not causing the problem. I don't know what to do for her. Please help!!
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ watery diarrhea/ constipation/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ nausea or vomiting/ weight loss/ mucus discharge in stools/ excessive flatulence?
Do you have any mass palpable in abdomen?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of peptic ulcer disease with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Peptic ulcer disease comprises of follicular gastritis, nodular gastritis, gastric & duodenal ulcer disease, erosive antritis and adeonocarcinoma.

Peptic ulcer disease could be due to Helicobacter pylori bacteria, bile reflux induced, and intake of spicy food.

As such there appears to be least chance of colonic polyp induced all symptoms.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, urine routine microscopy, thyroid profile, serum amylase and lipase, endoscopy for better clarification.

You should take low fat, less spicy soft diet.
Avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, chocolates, and onion, garlic.

Meanwhile, she should take antispasmodics along with proton pump inhibitors with prokinetics.
Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava