Have sore and red scrotum. What treatment should be done?

Jul 2016

My scrotum is red and slightly sore and a couple of surface veins are bigger especially on right hand side . Have tried anti fungals but didn't work
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted, it appears that you have either Orchitis or Hydrocele.

It will be better if you provide me few more details to make any comment on your problem.

1) Do you have Fever with chills ?
2) Do you have pain in your testis?
3) Do you have any Urinary symptoms ?
4) Have you done Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum ?

Please consult a qualified Urologist for clinical examination and to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Have sore and red scrotum. What treatment should be done? 47 minutes later

No I don't have pain in the testes or chills. Just the scrotal skin has a slight burning sensation. My testicles feel normal to me. Doesn't hurt when I squeeze them. My testicles are quite large normally. Have had prostatitis in the past and I get recurrences sometimes (over many years) and the other week did have some discomfort in the prostate but it went away. Feel otherwise well.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

It looks likely that you have minimal hydrocele due to secondary infection. Please get it confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified Urologist, who will decide the further treatment.

Thanks and Regards.