Have soft movable lump on thigh, forearm and back. Could it be lymphoma?

I have a soft lump(small marble size) on thigh and a multiple lump in my forearm and one on my back. I was thinking it as a lymphoma. No pain.
But recently I started feeling some little moving sensation near thigh lump (like some blood flow sensation).

I'm wondering what kind of physician I have to visit to get further treatment/ confirmation.
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query to us.

Lymphoma is cancer of the lymphocytes - type of cells that form part of lymphatic system of our body.

Usually soft lump like swelling on body is called lipoma. It is benign swelling composed of adipose (fat) tissue. They are soft to touch, movable and are painless -as appears in your description. Lipoma is usually less than 1 centimetre in size but they can grow up to 5 centimetres in size. Usually lipoma are without symptoms & do not require any treatment.

The swelling which you had described is most likely Lipoma and I would suggest not to misunderstand Lymphoma with Lipoma.

If the sensation in the swelling does not bother you too much then you can just observe whether the Lipoma is growing or not. If the sensation is too much and if you are experiencing discomfort or pain, then I would advice you to visit an XXXXXXX medicine (MD) physician for detailed evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help you.

Wish you good health...