Have smoked marijuana after having gallbladder removed. Is it safe?

General Surgeon
i smoked marijuana 10 days after having my gallbladder removed, it is okay?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
SOme more information will be needed to help you.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

I am not aware why you smoked marijuanha 10 days after your like to have the following information from you:
1) Are you a habitual smoker of marijuanha or not ?
2) Why prompted you to take marijuanha 10 days after your surgery?
3) Are you under any medications for any other medical problem ?
4) How are your dietary and bowel habits ?

Awaiting your response. Thanks for chosing XXXXXXX forum to clear your doubt on health. Good luck.
Follow-up: Have smoked marijuana after having gallbladder removed. Is it safe? 31 minutes later
I am a habitual smoker.
Nothing prompted me just wanted to smoke it.
i am taking Nexpro tablet (once daily before food in the moning) for my gastritis.
I take soups which which are sold packaged in the market eg. chicken soup, mushroom soup, vegetable soup. my bowel habits are regular (once a day sometimes 2 times)
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may harm you in long term.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! Thanks for your quick response. This shows your positive attitude and care towards your health.

If you are a habitual smoker, the present smoke possibly is not going to harm you anything more than what it might do to you as a habitual smoker. Rather, it might help you in your postop pain and discomfort. But this statement is not to encourage you to smoke. Rather your present gastritis could be due to smoking marijuanha.

I won't hesitate to counsel you a little on your smoking habit. I as a medical professional and also personally suggest you to reduce and gradually stop smoking any tobacco stuff or marijuanha. You may be knowing the effect of smoking in both the cases could be very serious and may extend to the level of Chronic pulmonary obstructive disorders, and also cancer lung in very young age. Life is a gift by the God, which should be enjoyed with friends and family members , and not to end it pre maturely with a known poison. At the end, I may say that you have attained the age of deciding what is good or bad for you and your family and career, and you have to decide it rightly.

It was nice interacting with you. If there is anything else you want to ask me, you are welcome. Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Have smoked marijuana after having gallbladder removed. Is it safe? 15 minutes later
Dear Doctor, i am decreasing my intake of marijuana and plan to quit gradually. Are there anyother good medicines for erosive antral gastritis?. Doctor, what vitamin supplements should I take if I feel I am not getting a balanced diet?. I want to keep myself healthy.
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Add a prokinetic drug with life style modification

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! It feels good to learn that you plan to quit marijuana gradually, but be determined for it and I am sure you can do it.

Nexpro ( the drug what you are currently using) is also a good medicine for antral gastritis. However, you can add a prokinetic drug like Itza/Ganaton etc with it. However, it being a prescription drug, you may have to approach your doctor for a prescription.

Apart from this, you can have some modification in your life style, like raising the head end of the bed with one or two blocks, avoiding fried and fast food along with alcoholic beverages, and go for high roughage diet with enough liquids. Also a daily routine of morning jogging will go a long way to relieve your gastritis symptoms and also keep you healthy.

You can go for any branded multivitamin tablets which also contain methyl cobalamin. There are many in the market and your treating doctor can advise you with the dosage. However, take all kind of natural vegetables, and egg along with other non veg diet if you do.

I hope this information will help you a long way. Wish you good luck.
Follow-up: Have smoked marijuana after having gallbladder removed. Is it safe? 17 minutes later
What should be the daily dose of the drugs you suggested. I will take those medicines, please let me know the daily intake routine.
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You still need a prescription.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! The usual daily dose what we prescribe is Itza/Ganaton one tab thrice a day along with a proton pump inhibitor (like nexpro what you are on ) once a day. One example of a vitamins with methyl cobalamine is Troineuron SR once a day. But I think you may have to consult your doctor for a prescription.

Thanks and good luck.