Have small white lumps under penis tip. Could it be warts?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have two small smooth white lumps just under the tip of my penis, where the foreskin is attached. The lumps are only 2 or 3mm in width and length and occur right next to each other. I have only noticed these in the last couple weeks. The are only on one side of where the foreskin attaches to the tip of my penis. I'm scared they might be warts.

They aren't sore, or uncomfortable. What might they be?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

I saw the photographs sent by you and went through your medical history.

First of all, I confirm you this is not genital warts and not any STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). It is a harmless papule from the foreskin of your penis. Similar papules occur over the rim of glans penis are called as pearly penile papules. It has no clinical importance.

In some individuals the opening of Tyson’s gland (a vestigial modified sebaceous gland) are visible obviously. However, it will be situated on either side of the frenum (the attachment of penile skin to Glans).
In some other people, a condition called 'Fordyce's papules’, usually skin colored not harmful, no clinical importance and can be ignored.

Yours may be openings of Tyson's gland situated on one side as an anomaly. You just ignore the same, as it is not infectious nor a growth. It will not disappear. Not to fear as STD. Unnecessary applications are harmful and not these papules.

Nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.

Dr S. Murugan